- ABOUT US
- PROJECT AEROSPACE
- GET INVOLVED
OBAP Process for Recommending Individuals for Nomination to the Board of Directors (BOD) for the 2017 National Elections
The "Recommendation for Nomination" process starts March 1, 2017 and closes May 10, 2017 (Eastern Time):
• Any dues current OBAP member or non-member may be recommended by a Regular OBAP member. However, if a non-member is recommended, he or she must become an OBAP member prior to being placed on the election ballot.
• Each individual recommended for nomination to the BOD must receive a minimum of one (1) recommendation for nomination from an active BOD member or five (5) recommendations for nomination from dues current OBAP regular members.
• Individuals recommended for nomination are required to email a copy of their Resume and a BIO to the OBAP National Office no later than May 13, 2017.
Click HERE to recommend a nominee.
Board members that are needed:
1. The BOD needs to elect a minimum of 4 members.
2. The BOD seeks to expand to a minimum 9 members.
3. The BOD is considering election of Directors to the following roles: Vice Chair, Membership, Human Resources, and Strategic Planning
Recommended Individuals should have the following minimum qualifications:
1. Dues current prior to placement on election ballot.
2. Expertise, time and energy to serve at least 10 hours per month on the Board
3. Evidence of a prior organizational leadership role
4. Affiliation with the aerospace industry
Reminder: To vote for a candidate in the upcoming OBAP 2017 National Convention elections, you must be a dues current Regular OBAP Member as of June 1, 2017.
Established to provide qualifying individuals with the financial support needed to advance careers in aviation through continued education and training.
You can support the Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals when you shop on Amazon! Choose OBAP on smile.amazon.com and, when you shop, Amazon will donate 0.05% from purchases made via AmazonSmile to OBAP! AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support OBAP every time you shop, at no cost to you.