He cultivated his craft and love of aviation as a pilot and logistics officer for the United States Marine Corps. His educational background includes a Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace Technology from Indiana State University in 1982. In civilian life, Tony was also a Flight Instructor, Founder/Owner of Moorer Aviation Academy (a FAR-141 Flight Training School); and Midwest Atlantic (a Residential Construction Company).
As a member of The Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals (OBAP), Tony was dedicated to inspiring at-risk youth and young adults to aim high despite their economic status and/or social background. Tony always greeted people with a smile and a few witty words. He has logged over 10,000 hours of flight time flying both 757/767 jetliner.
This scholarship is worth $2000 dollars.
- 2.5 or better GPA.
- A high school senior accepted into a two or four year aerospace degree program.
- 250 word written essay on "The importance of giving back."
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher(s) and/or current OBAP
- Verification of OBAP Flight Academy attendance (ACE, Solo and Private) within the past three years.
- Scholarship to be awarded at the OBAP Convention's Youth Luncheon or Gala event.
2013 Application Deadline: May 24, 2013
NOTE: There is a time-limit of 15 minutes to complete each page of information. If your session times out, you may have to start the process again from the beginning.