Upon receipt of a scholarship, the recipients must acknowledge the scholarship in writing, by signing an official Acknowledgement and Acceptance Form (AAF) and must send a Letter of Appreciation (LOA) to the donor of their particular scholarship. The Executive Director (CChew@obap.org) and the scholarship committee (email@example.com) must receive a soft copy of the signed AAF and LOA prior to OBAP approving the disbursement of funds. The recipient will receive an electronic confirmation from OBAP acknowledging receipt of the AAF,LOA and OBAP will request the training/funding invoice. The invoice (if required) shall be consistent with the training the recipient is pursuing, while fulfilling the intent of the scholarship. Include the following information on the invoice.
- Name and address of training facility
- Point of contact within that organization
- All pertinent contact numbers
- The type of training to be accomplished
- Estimated date of completion
- Cost of the training
Prior to starting the training curriculum, the recipient must submit all of the aforementioned information. A check will be sent to the training organization on your behalf, after the "drop date" (when applicable) of the course to be taken. The check amount will not exceed the value of the scholarship awarded. All inquiries regarding the status of scholarship disbursements should be directed to OBAP's Executive Director at 800-JET-OBAP/708 449 7755.
If it is not possible to obtain an invoice that accurately represents the training to be completed, the recipient must contact the Executive Director to work through the details. In this instance, all parties must exercise patience in the process. We must keep in mind that these procedures are in place to protect the integrity of our donors, our scholarship recipients and OBAP.
- OBAP awards scholarship and awaits "Acknowledgement and Acceptance Form" (AAF), a copy of your Letter of Appreciation (LOA) and a training/funding invoice from you.
- Upon receipt, OBAP Executive Office sends email to "go-ahead" with training. After training, OBAP will send a check to training organization (When applicable) Every document required is to be a soft copy except for the training/funding invoices, which should be sent to:OBAP National OfficeOne Westbrook Corporate Center - Suite 300