- Certificates/Ratings: U.S. FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate. Unrestricted1 U.S. Type Rating on a B-737 not required for interview, but required for employment.
- Age: Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Flight Experience: 2,500 hours total or 1,500 hours TURBINE total. Additionally, a minimum of 1,000 hours in Turbine aircraft as the Pilot in command3 (as defined below) is required. Southwest considers only Pilot time in fixed-wing aircraft. This specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV, EWO, etc. NO other time is counted.
- Authorization to work in the United States: Must have established authorization to work in the United States.
- Driver's License: Must possess a valid United States Driver's License.
The winning scholarship recipients will be announced and awarded at the OBAP National Convention.
2012 Application Deadline: 5/20/2012
NOTE: There is a time-limit of 15 minutes to complete each page of information. If your session times out, you may have to start the process again from the beginning.